OUR ENVIRONMENTAL APPROACH
Dyeing textiles requires a lot of water and discharges wastewater into the environment.
To reduce this impact, we use the following two dyeing processes:
- We don't dye the inner fabric yarn,
- We use mass pigmentation, integrating the colour pigments as soon as the yarn is manufactured, for the outer fabric in black, navy blue and blue/turquoise, references: 8529024, 8583151 and 8731516.
How is volume measured?
The volume of each backpack is measured using a standard method: we fill the main compartment, as well as each pocket, with little balls. Then we empty these balls into a graduated container, which gives the equivalent volume in litres.
How to adjust your backpack?
- Loosen all the straps (straps, belt, load adjuster straps),
- Put on the backpack,
- Tighten the shoulder straps,
- Adjust the load adjuster straps as needed.
How to fill your backpack?
- Put your heavy items at the bottom. Pack your clothes around these items;
- Keep your waterproof jacket and/or fleece within arm’s reach;
- Place small items for daily use (sun cream, map, glasses, etc.) in the pockets ;
- The water bladder will be placed in the compartment provided along the back, and the water bottle in the outer flask holder pockets provided for this purpose.
Tested for durability and optimal resistance
We carry out several laboratory tests to validate the bag's components: fabric, buckles, straps, foam, zips. For example, for a fabric, we test the resistance to abrasion and tearing, colour fastness when exposed to UV light and washing, and waterproofing. We also conduct tests to check the resistance of assembly using a dummy that reproduces the movements of a hiker to replicate several years of wear and tear on the bag.
Your opinion is important to us!
Thanks to all your feedback, we have improved the design of our NH100 20-litre backpack.
In this new model, we have improved the main zip to make it easier to open. We have also added a compartment and a zipped pocket in the main pocket.
Tips for storage and maintenance
Do not bleach
Do not tumble dry
Do not iron
Do not dry-clean
Store your backpack in a dry place.
Restrictions on use
Caution: non-waterproof components. Cover not provided.
TESTS AND WARRANTY
Our design team imagines, creates and designs the Quechua products at the foot of the Mont Blanc, in France.
We test them in the field with other hikers to make sure that they are comfortable and durable. This backpack has been tested and improved by hikers in different climatic conditions and different environments.
This bag was designed with the help of many customer reviews as well as the comments of hikers. It has been tested and approved by a panel of about 100 hikers hiking in the Haute-Savoie region.
In order to fulfil your requirements, Quechua products are tested in the countryside.
Our teams, as well as a tester panel (made up of partners, ambassadors and customers), test products throughout their development until they go to market.